This one day course will be divided into two session in order to cover working with different kinds of glass.
Within each task you will have design choices to make, so there will be sufficient variation to enable you to create individual outcomes e.g., coasters, hanging ornaments, glass art.
All the necessary specialist materials and equipment will be provided, but should you require additional glass, this will incur a further charge.
Once complete, your glass will need to be kiln fired, so it will be ready for collection 7 - 10 days after the event, depending on the type of work being produced. (Each firing will take around 9 hours and a day to cool before the kiln can be opened).
You will be notified when your glass is ready to collect.
Who is the tutor?
About the Tutor: Partnership Tutor
How will I be taught?
• By demonstration and individual guided practice you will be taught to select, cut and combine glass safely to achieve a range of different effects.
• By demonstration and individual guided practice you will be taught how to apply decorative effects / images to your glass.
• You will be able to see examples of glass products showing what can be achieved.
What do I need to bring with me?
For safety reasons you must wear casual clothing and closed toed shoes in the studio.
A sketchbook or notepad and pencil / pen
A ruler or set square
What can I do next?
• Sign up for further fused glass courses
• Develop your own style of work in glass
• Present your work for sale in craft fairs / galleries / online shops
What do I need to join the course
No prior experience required; just an open mind and a willingness to experiment.
Getting to your course
If you require any information about this location then please call 03000 41 40 25* and quote the Course Code BRO/93705/J/NC.
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.