This course will cover working with different kinds of glass to create pieces of free standing and / or hanging art glass for interior or exterior use.
You will be given support and guidance throughout, to achieve the most successful and individual results.
All the necessary specialist materials and equipment will be provided, but should you require additional glass, this will incur a further charge.
Once complete, your glass will need to be kiln fired, so it will be ready for collection 7 - 10 days after the event, depending on the type of work being produced. (Each firing will take around 9 hours and a day to cool before the kiln can be opened).
You will be notified when your glass is ready to collect.
Who is the tutor?
About the Tutor: Partnership Tutor
How will I be taught?
• By demonstration and individual guided practice you will be taught to select, cut and combine glass safely to achieve a range of different effects.
• You will be able to see examples of glass products showing what can be achieved.
• Via visual diagrams and explanation you will be taught what happens to your glass in the kiln.
• You will be given handouts to support the session.
What do I need to bring with me?
For safety reasons you must wear casual clothing and closed toed shoes in the studio.
A sketchbook or notepad and pencil / pen
A ruler or set square
What can I do next?
• Sign up for further fused glass courses
• Develop your own style of work in glass
• Present your work for sale in craft fairs / galleries / online shops
What do I need to join the course
No prior experience is required
Getting to your course
If you require any information about this location then please call 03000 41 22 22* and quote the Course Code BRO/118849/M/NC.
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.