Family Learning courses are engagement courses, helping families move back into learning.
All the courses are FREE. Priority for places is given to new learners.
Learners can attend up to two Wider Family Learning (WFL) or Parenting courses from August 1st 2020 and can then progress onto a Family English, Maths and Language course.
This course is for mothers, fathers and carers of children aged 4 to 11 years.
The sessions are for the adults only, but you will be expected to work with your child(ren) each week outside of the session.
This course is designed to:
develop parents’ and children’s imagination by engaging them in writing an exciting story and provide quality time for families to share stories together.
Encourage parents and children plan, discuss and write a story sharing their opinions and explaining their thoughts with the family creatively.
Support interaction and provide quality time for families to have fun and learn together, strengthen relationships and extend child development in Reading, Writing and Speech and Language.
Content will include all/some of the following:
• Exploring plot, characters and exciting endings
• Exploring words and phrases that worked well and their effect on the reader
• Planning and sequencing the story and explaining what happened
• Giving opinions about the story and explaining views
• Making connections between the stories and our lives
• Being creative to share ideas about the story
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.