Family Learning courses are engagement courses, helping families move back into learning.
All the courses are FREE. Priority for places is given to new learners.
Learners can attend up to two Wider Family Learning (WFL) or Parenting courses from August 1st 2020, and can then progress onto a Family English, Maths and Language course.
This online course is for mothers, fathers and carers with children and is an adult only course.
It is designed to: Help learners recognise the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviours and learn how to become more assertive as well as build their children’s confidence.
Parenting courses are not interventions and the tutor will not tell parents “how it’s done”, rather they are discussion-based with time to share experiences, ideas, concerns and possible solutions.
Content will include all/some of the following:
Tutors will facilitate and encourage discussion in a secure environment, the expectations and concerns of the learners will be used to inform the planning and content of the course to meet learners' needs.
• Discuss the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviours.
• Ideas for becoming more assertive and building self-confidence
• How to say NO when necessary.
• How to accept praise and respond to compliments.
• How to deal with criticism.
• Ideas for building the child’s self-esteem and confidence.
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.