Family Learning courses are engagement courses, helping families move back into learning.
All the courses are FREE. Priority for places is given to new learners.
Learners can attend up to two Wider Family Learning (WFL) or Parenting courses from August 1st 2020 and can then progress onto a Family English, Maths and Language course.
This online course is for mothers, fathers and carers with children aged up to 11 years.
This course is designed to:
• Equip families to be able to manage an incident in which people are ill or have been injured and take care of them until medical help is available.
• Support interaction, provide quality time for families to have fun and learn together, strengthen relationships, build confidence and extend communication.
Content will include all/some of the following:
• The emergency procedure and making an emergency phone call
• Placing a casualty into the recovery position
• Using the primary survey
• Recognise and treat choking
• Treat and monitor bleeding, minor bruising and burns
• Practise cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.