This is an Adult only course.
Family Learning courses are engagement courses, helping families move back into learning. All the courses are FREE. Learners can attend up to two Wider Family Learning (WFL) and Parenting courses from August 1st 2020, and can then progress onto a Family English, Maths and Language course. Priority for places is given to new learners.
It is designed to: Support learners to create their own Lockdown diaries/journals, understand how our lives have changed and reflect upon that change. It will also help improve our mental well-being through creative and craftwork, by producing a piece of personal/modern history.
Content will include all/some of the following: Tutors will facilitate and encourage discussion in a secure environment. Learners will:
• Look at an example of a lockdown diary/journal and suggest 3 features (photos, written reflections, newspaper clippings etc)
• Compare feelings against events, and fiction against non-fiction: consider the style of the journal they want to create (formal log of facts, autobiographical or an emotive story based on true life [or a mixture of all of the above])
• Read a range of non-fiction texts (letter from Number 10, political statements, adverts, newspaper articles, etc) and suggest 2 non-fiction texts to include in their journals/diaries
• Participate in a discussion about what creative writing is and what makes a good story.
• Participate in a group story/creative writing starter
• Create a piece of creative writing for their journal
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.