Family Learning courses are engagement courses, helping families move back into learning.
All the courses are FREE. Priority for places is given to new learners.
Learners can attend up to two Wider Family Learning (WFL) or Parenting courses from August 1st 2020, and can then progress onto a Family English, Maths and Language course.
This online course is for mothers, fathers and carers with children aged 0-10 years. This is an adult-only course.
It is designed to: to discuss a positive approach to discipline and look at various techniques to manage behaviour effectively, lovingly and positively.
Parenting courses are not interventions and the tutor will not tell parents “how it’s done”, rather they are discussion-based with time to share experiences, ideas, concerns and possible solutions.
Content will include all/some of the following:
Tutors will facilitate and encourage discussion in a secure environment, the expectations and concerns of the learners will be used to inform the planning and content of the course to meet learners' needs.
• The opportunity for learners to reflect on their approach to parenting and how this affects the child.
• How to set effective and appropriate boundaries.
• Understanding behaviour cycles and how to start positive behaviour cycles
• How to use praise and rewards as a way of managing behaviour.
• What are languages of love and how to demonstrate affection to own children.
• Discussion on positive communication skills and how to practise them.
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.