To book a place please call 03000 415888 or email BusinessSupportTeam@kent.gov.uk and leave your name and a contact number.
This online course is for mothers, fathers and carers with children aged up to 11 years.
Family Learning courses are engagement courses, helping families move back into learning. All the courses are FREE. Learners can attend up to two Wider Family Learning (WFL) and Parenting courses from August 1st 2020, and can then progress onto a Family English, Maths and Language course. Priority for places is given to new learners.
This course is designed to:
• Equip families to be able to manage an incident in which people are ill or have been injured and take care of them until medical help is available.
• Support interaction, provide quality time for families to have fun and learn together, strengthen relationships, build confidence and extend communication.
Content will include all/some of the following:
• The emergency procedure and making an emergency phone call
• Placing a casualty into the recovery position
• Using the primary survey
• Recognise and treat choking
• Treat and monitor bleeding, minor bruising and burns
• Practise cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)