All personal information about our customers is treated as Private and Confidential.
We may use information we hold about our customers to provide them with information about other products and services, which we feel may be appropriate to them.
Community Learning & Skills may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone or other means about products and services that maybe of interest to you. Occasionally we may send you details of products and services from other carefully selected organisations. If you do not want your information to be used for these purposes or if you have any questions / comments about your privacy please contact us.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, private customers have a right to see personal information about them that we hold in our records. If you wish to exercise this right, or have any other related queries please contact us.
Cookies and your rights
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket.
- Remember where you are in the order process.
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
We do not directly share personal information with third parties, however we do use some third party services such as Google Analytics which capture some data when a user visits the website.
For example this website will:
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics.
- Attempt to remember your preferences if you use multiple devices to view the site (e.g. mobile and desktop).
- Use Google's remarketing service. Find out more and how to opt out here.
- Track time, IP, country, city, postcode, crimtan cookie ID, page url, audience and demographic as determined by algorithms, browser, user language, device type as part of Programmatic Advertising by Crimtan
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
How We Use Your Personal Information
The personal information you provide is passed to the Chief Executive of Skills Funding (“the Agency”) and, when needed, the Young People’s Learning Agency for England (“the YPLA”) to meet legal duties under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009, and for the Agency’s Learning Records Service (LRS) to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN). The information you provide may beared with other partner organisations for purposes relating to education or training. Further information about use of and access to your personal data, and details of partner organisations are available at: