How will I be taught?
Craft courses provide an opportunity for you to learn and develop skills, techniques and understand how to design for a chosen craft to a higher level. Tutors will use a variety of teaching methods including demonstration, instructions, one-to-one tutorial guidance, group discussions and critiques.
Our courses are taught by qualified and experienced tutors most of whom are practising craftspeople.
What do I need to bring with me?
Your tutor will advise you about project materials, but you will need:
• Choice of suitable fabrics – small pieces or scraps of dress-weight fabrics or patchwork fat quarters are ideal.
• Wadding suitable for project(s)
• Contrasting or co-ordinating sewing thread
• Basic sewing kit, including fabric scissors
• Rotary cutter and mat
• Notepad, pencil, ruler
• Optional extras - squared or isometric paper and coloured pencils
What can I do next?
These courses are designed to progress students to higher levels of the craft with Kent Education.
What do I need to join the course
All students are welcome on this course as it assumes you have no knowledge of the subject.
It is important to note that craft courses are practical and require a degree of manual dexterity.