About this course
This exploratory course will identify a number of key concepts within art history throughout the Modern and Post-Modern Art periods. There will be an opportunity to examine concepts such those that were developed at the Bauhaus, abstraction and theoretical ideas such as Formalism and Existentialism. Featured artists will include Mark Rothko, Jackson Pollock, Wassily Kandinsky, Franz Marc, Johannes Itten, Paul Klee and Piet Mondrian and a selection of Pop Artists.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the key concepts within Modern art history
• Recognise the distinct visual language of individual artists
• Recognise the relation of key concepts to specific artworks
• Develop and justify their point of view
• Take part in discussion with other students