About this course
Symbolism as an art style first emerged with the French Symbolists but went onto become diverse and international in its locations and ideas. Abruptly interrupted by WW1 and later, due to its unwieldy nature, it became assigned as an abberation of art history. This course will explore artists from a variety of cultures including: Gustave Moureau, Odilon Redon, Chavannes, Gustave Klimt and Ferdinand Hodler.
By the end of the course you should be able to:-
• Demonstrate knowledge of different concepts within art history
• Recognise the distinct visual language of individual artists
• Identify the specific characteristics of different aspects of artworks
• Develop and justify their point of view
• Take part in discussion with other students