- KAE Skills
KAE Skills offer a wide range of courses, providing essential skills to help you in day to day life and in the work place. With courses available in English and Maths GCSE, Functional Skills, ESOL and EFL courses, plus work skills.
ESOL and EFL Courses
If you are a non-English speaker, our ESOL and EFL courses will help you learn the language to improve your speaking and writing skills, find a job or start a career and gain a nationally recognised qualification.
ESOL courses are for people whose first language is not English. They will help you improve your spoken and written English, help you prepare to find a job and help you gain a Trinity ESOL qualification.
- Flexible payment plans are available – ask for details in centre
- Overseas rates apply to non-eligible students
- If you are on a low income, we may be able to help you with the cost
- ESOL is free if you receive the relevant benefits
- Fees are non-refundable if you withdraw from the course. Outstanding fees are also payable if you decide to withdraw early
- We expect firm commitment, including regular attendance
EFL courses help you improve your English as well as your job and career opportunities in the UK. There are no restrictions on who can attend an EFL course. These courses have a heavier focus on grammar than ESOL courses.
English Pronunciation - Accent Reduction courses are one-day courses to help you reduce your accent and improve pronunciation.
ESOL courses for HK BNO visa holders
HongKongers arriving in Britain on a British Nationals (Overseas) visa, and their dependants, may be eligible for funding support to pay course fees. For more information and advice on signing up to the appropriate ESOL and EFL course if you are arriving from Hong Kong, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyday English and Maths courses
Everyday English and Maths are FREE* courses that teach adults the basics in English and Maths. They give extra support to help those with mild to moderate learning disabilities, difficulties or mental health challenges.
Additional support is provided, and each class has a teaching assistant as well as the tutor. These courses give learners access to learning that is individualised and challenging, whilst meeting their needs.
Everyday English and Maths courses can be joined at any time of the year.
*Subject to eligibility criteria.
GCSE English Language and Maths courses
We are here to help with FREE* GCSE English and Maths courses. These are ideal if you are looking to boost your CV, career advancement, or to re-train for a change of job. They are also ideal if you want to learn skills to help your children with their homework.
What will I learn?
GCSE English Language
This course will teach you to:
- Read fluently, and with good understanding, a wide range of texts from the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries
- Read critically and make comparisons between texts
- Summarise and synthesise information or ideas from texts
- Use knowledge gained from wide reading to inform and improve own writing
- Write effectively and coherently using standard English appropriately
- Use grammar correctly and punctuate and spell accurately
- Acquire and apply a wide vocabulary, alongside a knowledge and understanding of grammatical terminology
- Listen and understand spoken language and use spoken standard English effectively
This course comprises three broad topics:
Numbers and algebra
Working with numbers and the number system; fractions, decimals and percentages; ratio and proportion; the language of algebra; expressions and equations; sequences, functions and graphs
Geometry and measures
Properties of angles and shapes; geometrical reasoning and calculation; measures and construction; mensuration; vectors
Statistics and probability
The handling data cycle; data collection; data presentation and analysis; data interpretation; probability
Functional Skills English and Maths courses
Functional Skills English and Maths courses teach adults the essential skills needed to participate in life, learning and work, such as:
- Building up skills
- Gaining qualifications
- Improving job prospects
- Helping career progression
These courses are FREE* for eligible learners.
*Subject to eligibility criteria.
If you find it difficult getting to our centres regularly, virtual GCSE and Functional Skills English and Maths courses may be available. These courses have real-time teaching with your course tutor. Fast and reliable internet access through a PC is essential to join these classes. You will need to attend an initial assessment and enrolment sessions, as well as exams at one of our centres.
Work Skills courses are free for people who receive the relevant benefits. They support learners to develop employability and work skills, including interview skills, confidence and presentation skills.Browse our courses
E-newsletter sign up
Fill out the form below to sign up to emailer. You’ll get the very latest news, events and new courses.