About this course
This exploratory course will identify a number of key concepts within art history throughout the ages of Western art styles. Themes to include: geometry, line, perspective, shape and form, colour and composition. Art styles explored will include those from the Renaissance, Baroque, Victorian and Modern eras. Featured artists will include Leonardo Da Vinci, Caravaggio, Manet, Monet, Cézanne and Matisse plus other noteworthy examples from more modern times.
By the end of the course you should be able to:-
• Demonstrate knowledge of different concepts within art history
• Recognise the distinct visual language of individual artists
• Identify the specific characteristics of different aspects of artworks
• Develop and justify their point of view
• Take part in discussion with other students