About this course
Focusing on a variety of diverse and individual British artists, this course will examine in detail the lives and artworks of a selection of exceptional and noteworthy artists. It will highlight the reasons for their personal choice of subject matter and also look at the impact that they have had within the history of art. Periods of art covered will be Georgian, Victorian, Modernism, Post-Modernism and Contemporary. Artists will include a selection of both female and male artists from the different eras such as William Hogarth, Thomas Gainsborough, JMW Turner, John Constable, William Blake, Henry Moore, David Hockney, Cornelia Parker and Tracey Emin.
By the end of the course students will be able to…..
• Demonstrate a knowledge of different artists
• Recognise the distinct visual language of individual artists.
• Identify specific influences relevant to individual artists.??
• Develop and justify their point of view??
• Take part in discussion with other students
There is no qualification for this course.